If you need to manually cancel a reader’s subscription, simply follow these steps
- Request the Order ID for the subscription from your reader.
The Order ID looks similar to this GPA.XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
The XXXX are replaced with a series of numbers
- The Order ID should appear in your readers Order History
On their mobile device they should:
+ Open the Google Play Store app
+ Tap Menu Account
+ Tap Order history
- Once you have your reader’s Order ID, login to your Google Play Console
- In the left-sidebar menu, click on Order Management
- In the Search field at the top of the page, paste in the Order ID provided by your reader. This will pull up the order linked to that ID.
- Just below that order, click on the Cancel Subscription button
This will cancel the subscription for all Orders linked to this Order ID
- If you scroll down to the Order History section, you will find all subscription renewals processed for this particular reader.
- If you open any of these orders, you should see that the Cancel Subscription button is greyed out, which means the Subscription has been cancelled successfully.
That’s it! Your reader will no longer be charged.