The following Marketing Tools and Integrations require Branch.io in order to work:
NEW! One-Click App Install
Step 01 – Branch.io Account Setup & Admin Invites
Your first step is to create your Branch account and then add our team as admins to your account.
- Go to Branch.io and sign up for a free account.
- Once setup, send an admin invite to the following two emails:
- To set this up in the Branch Dashboard:
Go to Account Settings in the left-sidebar menu
In the Top Nav bar, select Team
In the next screen, click on + Add Team Member button.
In the pop-up that appears, add one of the above emails and click on Search User
In the next screen, under First Name and Last Name:
use TECH SUPPORT or MAGCAST SUPPORT respectively.
Under Access level, choose ADMIN.
Then click on INVITE.
Step 02 – Setup your App Name
Next, setup your MagCast App Name in your Branch account.
- Staying in the Account Settings section, click on APP in the Top Nav.
- In the next screen, scroll down to the About Your App toggle and enter your App Name.
- Then click on Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
Step 03 – Branch Link Settings
Next we are going to integrate Branch with your MagCast app, so that they can communicate with each other.
- In Branch, click on Link Settings in the left-sidebar menu
- At the same time open Branch Settings in your MagCast dashboard.
Go to Marketing Tools –> then select Branch.io Settings from the menu.
- The first set of Link settings needed, are for your iOS APP.
Staying in MagCast, in the Branch.io Settings scroll to Information copied TO Branch.io section. Under the iOS fields, copy iOS URI Scheme and iOS Bundle Identifiers.
- Go to back to Branch, and paste these settings in the iOS APP fields provided.
The Apple App Prefix can be found in your Apple Developer Portal
Once logged in, go to Membership in the left-sidebar menu > then copy the Team ID
- The next set of Link settings needed, are for your ANDROID APP.
Go back to MagCast, in the Branch.io Settings scroll to Information copied TO Branch.io section. Under the Android fields, copy Android URI Scheme and Android Bundle Identifiers.
- Go to back to Branch, and paste these settings in the Android APP fields provided.
- The final step is to setup your Link Domain
Go back to MagCast, in the Branch.io Settings scroll to Information copied TO Branch.io section. Locate the Link Domain section and copy the ID provided.
- Go to back to Branch –> Link Settings
Scroll to Link Domain at the very bottom of the page.
Click Change My app.link Subdomain, to put your Link Domains in an editable state.
Replace the 4 letters (before the ‘.’ and ‘-‘) with the Link Domain numbers copied from your MagCast dashboard. NB! The rest of the link must not be altered in anyway. Only the 4 letters at the start of the link should be updated.
Once done, click on Save and make sure the numbers match what you copied from MagCast.
NB! The Android Bundle Identifier must be pasted in to the
SHA256 Cert Fingerprints field.
Step 04 – Update App ID Settings
There is one final tweak needed in your App ID.
- Open Apple Developer Portal in a new tab.
Above link will take you directly to your App’s Bundle ID, once logged in.
- Click on your App ID
- In the next screen you will see a list of settings. At the bottom of the page click on EDIT.
- In the next screen, check Associated Domains setting.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm, click on OK.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on DONE.
- Next go to Provisioning Profiles in the left-sidebar menu.
- Click on your apps Provisioning Profile in the dashboard, then click on EDIT.
- A new Provisioning Profile will generate. In the next screen click on DOWNLOAD.
- The ‘.mobile’ Provisioning Profile will now download on to your computer.
- Next, login to your MagCast Account and go to Profile in the Setup menu.
- Scroll down to Step 3: Upload your .mobileprovision File and upload the ‘.mobile’ file you just downloaded from your Developer Portal.
- If you see the ‘status=ok’ in the page url, then your upload was successful.
In the next screen, click on GENERATE.
That’s it! Now once you rebuild your iOS and Android apps your new build will include the Branch.io framework and information needed to take advantage of these features.