To manually refund a reader’s purchase, follow these steps:
- Request the Order ID for the subscription or issue from your reader.
The Order ID looks similar to this GPA.XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
The XXXX are replaced with a series of numbers
- The Order ID should appear in your readers Order History
On their mobile device they should:
+ Open the Google Play Store app
+ Tap Menu Account
+ Tap Order history
- Once you have your reader’s Order ID, login to your Google Play Console
- In the left-sidebar menu, click on Order Management
- In the Search field at the top of the page, paste in the Order ID provided by your reader. This will pull up the order linked to that ID.
- Just below that order, click on the Refund button
This will refund the payment for the subscription or individual issue
To view a list of orders associated with this Order ID, simply scroll down to the Latest Orders section
That’s it! Your reader’s purchase is refunded.